Friday, June 22, 2007

nel giardino...

if you know me, then you already know that people like to tease me by calling me a nonna. (inglese : grandmother... in this case a little old italian one who makes everything from scratch, dotes on her family members, and smiles in her garden).

i fully embrace my nonna-ness.

i'm happiest when feeding my brothers homemade pizza in my little back porch giardino.

which brings me to the reason for this post... the pics from my garden that i just have to share. (yes i am smiling ridiculously) every morning while watering i have to stop myself from taking more pics.

i have limited myself to photos only when things have significantly grown.

i've decided to take a break from sewing market bags and post some of my favourite pictures.

though i can't stand lettuce, i planted a bunch anyway. you can't have a backyard italian garden without it. it's the one thing i remember most in my nonno's garden when i was a kid.

cipolla indeed! i'm growing four different types (if you count leeks).

clockwise starting with bottom left... leeks, spring onions, yellow onions, red onions.

and of course a few herbs.

basil, lemon thyme, and a tiny rosemary that's quite suicidal. damn i'm cursed when it comes to growing the stuff...

back to the machine for me.

m.

No comments: