Friday, September 7, 2007

spaces for spectacles...


a batch of eyeglass cases will soon make their way into the etsy shop. of course, i made a few cases from two of my favourite japanese fabrics... the spider web cotton and the "cat-thedral" dobby cloth. mmm.


it was fun to play around with them, making something so simple for once -- no fussing with pockets or zippers or appliques. though i did fuss around a bit with the closures, making some with velcro tabs, some with snaps...

and then my snap/grommet pliers bit the dust!


the stupid things bent -- i couldn't believe it!

but then i smiled, cause they had always been crappy and left my hand in pain after a batch of snaps. and this meant that i could go get a pair of the ones i had just read about in craft magazine.

so at about 2am i found them online and now i sit patiently while they ship out to me. seriously, i can't wait... grommets and snaps without a swollen palm afterword... lovely!

i'll let you know when they arrive
and how they live up to their promises.

now stop distracting me!
i have to get a load of custom orders done. sheesh.

love.
m.

1 comment:

Agent M. said...

Love 'em all!

The top case with the green-ish glasses is soooo rocking the sexy librarian look (sexy as in: Look at my glasses; look at my shoes. I can quote Milton, speak three languages and drink you under the table).

=^.^=