Wednesday, February 13, 2008

i ♥ emma.


a couple of weeks ago i stumbled upon fellow etsy shop emmaklingbeil and fell in love with many of her paintings.
never being one to resist an impulse buy, i bought my favourite one heart strings (above) right away and impatiently waited for it to arrive.

and the wait was worth it. opening the package was like opening one of those great xmas gifts that you knew was under the tree - unwrapping slowly, savoring each new peek of it before you tear another strip off.

her paintings are moody and lovable. they're creepy and cute, gloomy and fantastical (hmm... this is sounding exactly like how vic describes me...) - they make me grin and imagine things. and many of them, like this one, have a fabulous little frame and shadow painted around the edge that i just adore.

this has got to be my favourite etsy purchase to date!
i am so happy with it, i can't say enough about it. i already have my eye on another one. and at under $60 for an original piece, what more can i say?

so go on and check out her shop!
emmaklingbeil.etsy.com

♥ m.

1 comment:

Copperheart said...

heehee- I love it. It makes me giggle.